Ahhh what a nice break. It’s been cool giving myself time to relax. I thought I’d treat myself for the hard work of Unit1 which btw I got feedback for last week and it was very positive.
This was very encouraging and I am eager to progress this project to see what I’ll produce as the end nears in a few months. It’s roughly 5 months to the end of the course. I’m not counting the rest of this month or July. You have to give yourself contingency time don’t you?
So just to recount my goals for the next few months…
I need to:
- explore further lighting options
- experiment with interactive elements of lighting use
- look at further materials that could be used for sculptural aspects of the work e.g, aluminium?
- build second prototype by mid-March? (may need to revise this one later)
- keep taking photographs of work as I go along (I like how these have come out so far and the process has turned into an artistic practice in itself)
I’m sure there will be more to add to this list but even this is enough to keep me going till I need to produce the final version. But then so much could happen in the next few months so this is only an indication of what I’m going to aim for.
Oh and here’s an image I created last week. It is a combination of hand-drawn and digital illustration (best way I can think of describing it). I think black and white is just my thing. Even though I contemplate doing coloured work I tend to always come back to the black and white. I guess its a classic combo that always looks good.